This is the season of fasting and a safe and one fabulous way to do this is to commit to a weekly Half Fast as a regular weekly practice for the season. Choose a day of the week when you are able to have more exercise than usual and that you know you won’t be invited to lunch…
Expect : Better digestive ability, greater mental clarity and focus, breaking through negative habits and mental patterns, healing specific illnesses and of course weight loss.
1, Purchase a bag of organic , preferably Biodynamic, short grain brown rice and sea salt.
2. Purchase a selection of organic green vegetables such as chard, asparagus, zucchini, chinese greens etc..
3. The night before fasting cook 3 cups of rice with 6 cups of water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to boil then simmer until all the water is absorbed and.the rice has patterned itself - approx 20 mins. Using a rice cooker is even easier .
4.Wash the vegetables and make ready for lightly steaming in the morning and make this your first task.
5. Now you have your food intake for the day ahead. The key to the day is not to eat out of habit. Instead wait until you actually feel hungry. At this point place a small amount of rice and greens in a bowl and take a small mouthful, chewing 50 times before swallowing. Keep you awareness on the act of eating. At the end of the mouthful are you hungry? If so repeat. Continue until you no longer feel hungry but are not full.
6. Make sure not to drink half an hour before or after eating. Drink only room temperature or warm water and only when thirsty..taking a sip, asking yourself if you need another sip and proceed accordingly.
7. Make sure to get more exercise than usual today and also be in bed before 10pm .
8. Notice how excellent you feel the next day and be sure not to overcompensate the next day with excessive eating..instead slow. down your eating, chew consciously and drink only what you need.
9. Put the Half Fast in your diary for the next week and the week after that...